God's People

Over the last couple of days DLA Core and I have traveled throughout Berlin, Germany prayer walking the city and different sites in the city. As I have spent my time here the Lord has opened up feelings in my heart that I haven’t experienced before. Let me explain.

In the past, I have been to Morocco in Africa, Mexico, and Bangkok and Phuket, Thailand. When I went to these places I felt somewhat disconnected with the people there. First of all, their culture is so different from ours. The way they live, the way they eat, the way they have fun, everything about them is so different. Another major obstacle, which probably goes without saying, is they speak a different language. Without communication it was very difficult to learn about the people let alone feel connected to them and build relationships. However, my time so far in Germany has been different. Germany has struck me in a way past missions experiences haven’t. I think it’s partly due to the fact that Germany’s culture is similar to ours in America and for the most part, many Germans speak English so there was more communication with them then I ever experienced in other countries.

Through these similarities, the Lord has opened the understanding of my heart to see the connectedness of all people on the face of the earth. For the first time I see another people living far away from me, more like brothers and sisters than some foreign people that I know little about. Yes, they do have cultural differences and yes their primary language isn’t English but through this time here I have tapped into a more personal responsibility to evangelize the world. I see a whole country of people that are lost and it has shaken me. According to local believers here only about 2% of all of Germany are born again believers. There is about 81 million people living in Germany which is roughly one-third of America’s population. How can it be that people just like you and I live in a land that is prospering, compared to many other countries in the world, but only 2 percent of 81 million know Jesus? What are we doing as believers in Christ if that number isn’t rising?

I feel my faith is being challenged, my heart grows a little faint, and I must ask God, what’s going on? I see my brothers and sisters and by all means they are good people, but I know “good” doesn’t save us from our sins. I have gained new vision, new passion, and new determination to truly do whatever possible to reveal the kingdom of God on the earth. I don't pretend to have all the answers. I am asking God, what responsibility lies on mankind to evangelize the earth and what responsibility is the Holy Spirit to move mightily?

I pray for our German brothers and sisters as well as every other human being on the face of the earth. God, we ask you for a great outpouring, not just in America but in all the earth. I pray for your name to be lifted up and that my friends will realize their need for salvation and will come to you, the redeemer of our souls. Amen.


Quick Update: We are just over halfway on our trip to Europe where were visiting past revival areas and praying that God would do the same in our home land, America. So far, we have ridden on 18 bus rides, 35 train rides (subway included for getting around cities), and 4 different flights, it’s been quite the experience! We are now in the U.K. and we are going to Oxford to see where John and Charles Wesley started the Holy Club and we are going to Wales to see where the Welsh revival took place in the early 1900’s.

Tyrel Koenes
DLA Director
WWW.DESPERATIONLEADERSHIP.COM

1 Response to "God's People"

  1. MaryBeth says:

    Love hearing God stirring in you! Miss you:)

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger